We are going VIRTUAL!!!
While we had planned and hoped to have a live 2021 GMSD 5k Stampede and 1 Mile Color Run, it's not in the cards for us again this year. However, we are excited to take our event virtual.
Here is how it works....
- Please encourage friends and family members to participate.
- The cost of registration will be $25. There will be no refunds.
- When you register, please choose what school you are supporting, and what homeroom teacher your child has. Prizes will be awarded for the most participants at each school and to the classrooms with the most participants too! Parents, grandparents, and friends are counted in this total as long as they put a school and a teacher on their registrations!
- GMSD Stampede Registrations with 2021 race t-shirts will end Wednesday, April 7 at 11:59 pm. After April 7th, registration will not include a race t-shirt.
- All 5k runners will be able to submit their virtual time, along with a photo/screenshot of your tracking device to gmsd5kstampede.raceroster.
- T-shirts will be delivered to each participating school on April 14th and 15th. If you are not associated with a school you can choose to pick up your shirt from the GAC from 5-7pm on April 14th or 15th.
- Maps of 5K and I mile routes can be found on school websites, the GEF website, and the Raceroster website.
- Runners/walkers can choose their own date, time, and route. Times and pictures may be submitted at any time from Friday, April 16th until Sunday, April 18th through the RaceRoster website. Also, QR Codes will be placed at each school or near each route so participants can “check in”.
- Please take photos and post to social media with the hashtag #GMSDstampede. Plaques will be awarded to runners with the fastest times!
Please contact Robyn Rudisill with any questions at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your support of GMSD!
- Event contact
- Robyn Rudisill
Eat Local April 16-18, 2021!
On April 14th and 15th, all GMSD Stampede participants will receive their t-shirts. The t-shirts will have sponsor names on the back. Some local restaurants are joining us on our fundraising efforts for our schools.
Since our local restaurants have taken a hit during these unprecedented times, we want to give back! We also want to keep our tax dollars in Germantown.
During the weekend of April 16-18, 2021, the following restaurants will be giving the Germantown Education Foundation 10% of their sales to anyone wearing their 2021 GMSD Stampede race t-shirt. (Alcohol sales are excluded)
Please be mindful that there are still limitations to the number of people a restaurant can have. That is why we are asking more than one Germantown restaurant to participate.
At each participating restaurant, we would like participants to check in using the GMSD QR reader on the table or at the entrance. Also, please take pictures of you and your family and post to Facebook!
As always, thank you for your support of the GEF and GMSD!!!